Qualifications of Applicants for Examination. - Any person applying for examination and for a certificate of registration as architect shall, prior to admission to examination, establish to the satisfaction of the Board:
- That he is at least twenty-one years of age;
- That he is of good reputation and moral character;
- That he has completed the high school course or its equivalent;
- That he is a graduate of a four-year course in architecture or its equivalent of a school, college, academy, or institute duly recognized by the Government and in addition has a specific record of at least two years of diversified experience as architectural draftsman, clerk-of-work, specification writer or superintendent: Provided, however, That an applicant holding a Master's degree in Architecture from a school, college, university or institute recognized by the Government or the state in which it is established, shall be credited one year in his practical experience.
- B.S. in Architecture or its equivalent
- Two (2) years of diversified experience
- Logbook of diversified experience.
- Affidavit of Experience signed by a registered Architect. (FTB)
- Masters’ degree in Architecture with one (1) year practical experience
- Architectural Design.
- History and Theory of Architecture.
- Architectural Engineering (Structural Design, Mechanical and Electrical equipment, Plumbing)
- Architectural Practice and Materials (Building Laws, legal and ethical knowledge and responsibilities, Business and professional functions of the architect, Specifications)
- Building Materials and Methods of Construction.
Seal and Use of Seal. -
- Each registrant hereunder shall, upon registration, obtain a seal of such design as the examining body shall authorize and direct. Plans and specifications prepared by, or under the direct supervision of a registered architect shall be stamped with said seal during the life of the registrant’s certificate, and it shall be unlawful for any one to stamp or seal any documents with said seal after the certificate of the registrant named thereon has expired or has been revoked, unless said certificate shall have been renewed or reissued.
- No officer or employee of this Republic, chartered cities; provinces and municipalities, now or hereafter charged with the enforcement of laws, ordinances or regulations relating to the construction or alteration of buildings, shall accept or approve any plans or specifications which have not been prepared and submitted in full accord with all the provisions of this Act. Nor shall any payment be approved by any such officer for any work, the plans and specifications for which have not been so prepared and signed and sealed by the author.
- Signing of plans specifications and other documents. It shall be unlawful for any architect to sign his name, affix his seal, or use any other method of signature on plans, specifications or other documents made under another architect’s supervision, unless the same is made in such manner as to clearly indicate the part or parts of such work actually performed by the former; and it shall be unlawful for any person, except the architect in charge, to sign for any branch of the work, or any function or architectural practice, not actually performed by him. The architect in charge, shall be fully responsible for all plans, specifications, and other documents issued under his seal or authorized signature. The Board shall make all necessary rules and regulations relating to signing and sealing of drawings, specifications, reports, and other documents registered by architects.
- Drawings and specifications duly signed, stamped or sealed, as instruments of service, are the property and documents of the Architect, whether the object for which they are made is executed or not. It shall be unlawful for any person, without the written consent of the architect or author of said documents, to duplicate or to make copies of said documents for use in the repetition of and for other projects or buildings, whether executed partly or in whole.
- He has signed, and affixed or permitted to be signed or affixed his name or seal on any plans, designs, specifications, drawings, technical reports, valuation, estimate, or other similar documents or work not prepared by him, or not executed under his immediate supervision, or
- Has paid money except the regular fees provided for, to secure a certificate of registration; or
- Has falsely impersonated a practitioner, or former practitioner of a like or different name, or has practiced under an assumed, fictitious or corporate name other than that of the registered;
- Has aided or abetted in the practice of architecture any person not duly authorized to practice architecture in the Philippines.
Reciprocity Requirements.- No person who is not a citizen of the Philippines at the time he applies to take the examination shall be allowed to take it unless he can prove in the manner provided by the Rules of Court that, by specific provision of law, the country of which he is a citizen, subject, or national either admits citizens of the Philippines to the practice of the same profession without restriction or allows them to practice it after an examination on terms of strict and absolute equality with citizens, subjects, or nationals of the country concerned, including the unconditional recognition of degrees issued by institution of learning duly recognized for the purpose by the Government of the Philippines: Provided, That if he is not a citizen of the Philippines, and was admitted to the practice of a profession in the Philippines after December 8, 1941, his active practice in that profession either in the Philippines or in the state or country where he was practicing his profession, shall not have been interrupted for a period of two years or more prior to July 4, 1946, and that the country or state from which he comes allows the citizens of the Philippines by specific provision of law, to practice the same profession without restriction or on terms of strict and absolute equality with citizens, subjects or nationals of the country or state concerned.